32000 Little Boston Road NE
Kingston, WA 98346
- Help tiribal members obtain attractive, appropriate and culturally relevant housing;
- Increase the number of housing units available to low income tribal members; and
- Increase housing opportunities for all tribal members, throughout the Housing Authority service area
- Rental housing for families, elders, and single persons
- Home ownership opportunities with a Lease to Own program
- Tribal lot coordination and training
- Rental Assistance programs for off-reservation rentals
- Section 184 Home buyer Assistance services
- Financial Credit, Energy Conservation, and Maintenance education services
- A Community meeting space for special occasions and gatherings
Teekalet Housing Development was designed to be an ecologically‐ and financially‐friendly alternative for low‐to‐middle income S'Klallam Tribal residents. A dedication ceremony occurred on March 3, 2011.
Located at the intersection of Little Boston Road NE and NE Boston Lane, the development consists of 15 single‐family homes, two apartments, and a community center built on three acres of land. The homes, which will be managed by the Tribal Housing Authority, feature a mix of single and two story layouts ranging from 1,100 to 1,300 square feet with three or four bedrooms.
The project was designed by Tormod Hellwig Architects with construction by J.M. Grinnell Contracts, Inc., both of Sequim. The Housing Authority Board of Commissioners provided guidance throughout to make sure the homes met the needs of Tribal families.