The vision of Together For Children is to create a system of support for Port Gamble S'Klallam families expecting or raising young children that will allow them to be successful in parenting emotionally and physically vibrant children who will flourish in life!
Together For Children is:
- based on Touchpoints philosophy
- voluntary for tribal families expecting or raising children 0-5
- able to partner you with skilled and specially trained home visitors that will offer you the guidance and support you need to create a better life for your baby and yourself.
Together For Children is made possible through the US Dept of Health & Human Services ACF- ACA Tribal Maternal Infant & early Childhood Home Visiting Grant.
Together For Children offers:
- Scheduled home visits,
- Support Groups,
- Childbirth classes,
- Education for families on health, safety, nutrition & economic self-sufficiency,
- Coordination & referrals for families to other community resources
Star a S'Klallam book expressing the wishes and dreams for our children. Created by the Port Gamble S'Klallam Together For Children mother's, S'Klallam artists, Tim Montler (S'Klallam Linguist), University of Washington Native TEACH and Tleena Ives