PGST Health Alert Information



Dr. Scott Lindquist, Dr. Luke McDaniel, Jolene Sullivan, and other PGST leaders answer questions about the COVID-19 vaccine.

Covid-19 Vaccine Announcement - Port Gamble S'Klallam Tribe

Enrolled Port Gamble S’Klallam Tribal Elders Generator/Extension Cord Program

On February 22, 2021, the Port Gamble S’Klallam Tribal Council approved the Enrolled PGST Tribal Elders Generator/Extension Cord Program. This is a General Welfare program and we will be starting this program by serving the elders residing within the Kitsap County Boundaries only. All interest enrolled PGST elders must complete the application and submit it to the Special Projects Coordinator, Renee Veregge by email at or turning it into the tribal center front desk by March 12, 2021 at 4:30PM. It will be a first come first served basis, based on date and time your complete application was received. This is limited to 1 generator/extension cord per household, regardless of how many elders reside in the home and at this time is granted as a 1-time basis.

Once we have met the needs of the elders residing in Kitsap County, this program will open up to all other enrolled PGST elders that are willing to travel to the Port Gamble S’Klallam Tribal Gymnasium to pick-up their generator and extension cord, as funds allow. If you do not reside within the Kitsap County Boundaries, please be patient and keep an eye out in the memo for when the next round will occur.

Contact Renee Veregge at 360-297-6236 with any questions, office hours are Tuesday, Wednesday and Fridays from 8am-4:30pm.

Elder Generator Program Policy
Elders Generators Application

Explore the website

Frequently Asked Questions

  • Q: What can be accessed on the website as a registered user?

    You must be a tribal member, tribal community member or tribal employee to access the “Member” portion of the website. This will provide access to the Tribal Calendar, Facility reservations, Tribal news and notices, Tribal Council info, Tribal policies and various forms and applications.

    Register / Log in
  • Q: How do I get on the Tribal Council Agenda?

    Agenda items are due to the Executive Assistant to the Tribal Council by the Tuesday prior to each meeting.

    Forms can be found at the Tribal Center Reception Desk.

    Tribal Council Agenda Request Form
  • Q: How does someone get enrolled in the tribe?

    Title 25.02 of the Tribal Law and Order Code outlines the procedures for enrollment.

    Title 25 of the L&O Code
    Enrollment Application and Check List

  • Q: What does “Tribal Sovereignty” mean?

    "Sovereignty" is the inherent authority to govern. Tribes use the term interchangeably with self-governance and self determination.

    "Sovereignty is governing your people and governing your land."

    "Tribal sovereignty is a tool to preserve culture and traditions of Indian people."
  • Q: When does the Tribal Council meet?

    The Tribal Council meets on the second and fourth Monday of every month.
  • Q: What is a Public Hearing and when is the next one?

    Public Hearings are held when a change is being made to Tribal Law. Sometimes it's an amendment to the law and sometimes it's a brand new law. ALL General Council members are invited and encouraged to attend these meetings. Members' opinion is very important to the Tribal Council. The Council needs all perspectives in order to make sure proposed law is appropriate for the PGST community. Although no formal action is taken during Public Hearings, they are conducted much like General Council meetings and provide a great opportunity for community input.

    Public Hearing Notices are posted several weeks ahead of time in the Community Memo, on tribal buildings and are added to the Community Calendar as they are scheduled by the Tribal Council.

    Full copies of proposed changes are available from the front desk or in the registered member section of the website under the "publications" link under "public hearings".
  • Q: When are the General Council meetings scheduled for this year?

    The PGST Constitution states “The General Council shall hold semi-annual meetings on the last Saturday of March and the first Saturday of October.
  • Q: What is the Police Tip line phone number?

    The tipline should be used to report suspicious activity or tips that can help an investigation. If you are witnessing a crime in action, been victim of a crime, or have an emergency it is ALWAYS best to call 911.

    Anonymous Police Tipline: 930-9061

    The police will not contact you back unless you request it. Tips can be left by voicemail or text messaging.

Upcoming Events

Back to top