Dispatch: 9-1-1, (360) 307-5844

Business Line: (360) 297-6333 (Mon - Fri, 7am - 4pm)




The patrol division is the uniformed division of the police department.  Uniformed officers are responsible for responding to emergency calls, calls for service, conducting investigations, traffic enforcement and to proactively fight crime and solve problems in the community.  


Our K9 unit is staffed by Sergeant Crippen and K9 Cooper.  K9 Cooper is trained specifically for drug detection.  Our K9 team responds to calls for service across the county to assist our partner law enforcment angencies in the detection of illegal drugs and contraband.


IMG 1144


Criminal Investigations is a plainclothes unit that oversees major crime investigations and in-depth investigations.  This unit works hand-in-hand with neighboring agency detectives as well as FBI Special Agents when investigating crimes.  Typical investigations include:

  • Major Crimes
  • Property Crimes
  • Narcotics Investigations
  • Special Assault Investigations 


  • Bicycle patrol
  • Dive team
  • Water rescue (Small craft and jet ski)
  • Firearms training team
  • Defensive tactics training team
  • Field Training Officer



Sex Offender Coordinator:  Officer Frank Koutelieris, This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it., (360) 328-6288

Who has a duty to register with the Port Gamble S'Klallam Police Department?

  • Persons convicted by the Port Gamble S'Klallam Community Court of a covered sex offense
  • Persons incarcerated by the Port Gamble S'Klallam Tribe for a covered sex offense
  • Sex offenders who reside within the jurisdictional boundaries of the Port Gamble S'Klallam Tribe
  • Sex offenders who work within the jurisdictional boundaries of the Port Gamble S'Klallam Tribe
  • Sex offenders who are students, in any capacity, within the jurisdictional boundaries of the Port Gamble S'Klallam Tribe
  • Sex offenders who will be present on lands subject to the jurisdiction of the Tribe for more than 8 hours in any 3-day period must contact this Department telephonically or in-person and provide the following information
    • Legal name under which they are registered
    • All locations they are registered in
    • Contact information while on the Reservation
    • Purpose of the visit
    • Locations they will reside




Please call us ahead of time at (360) 297-6333 during business hours.  Before you call you will need the case number (Usually listed as G20-1234 or 2020-1234).

If we have property of yours we will attempt to contact you based off of your last known contact information. 

When you come to pick up your property make sure you bring (1) a valid government issued personal photo identification, and (2) the Property Release Notice we sent you.


The Police Department also serves as the community's lost and found.  Please feel free to call (360) 297-6333 to see if we may have your found property.


Finger printing is a free-service we provide to Port Gamble S'Klallam Tribal members and employees.  Please call (360) 297-6333 for an appointment.  Fingerprinting takes about 20 minutes.  To get a good print it is important that you are hyrdrated; drink lots of water, use hand lotion, and avoid excessive hand washing just before the service.  We cannot fingerprint you if you have a fresh wound or cut on your hands or fingers.


Did you know the Port Gamble Police Department can assist you in disposing of any unwanted firearms or ammunition?  

When turning over a firearm please call ahead and let Officers know you have items to bring in for destruction.  If you know how to safely unload the firearm, please do so.  Please do not bring a firearm into the Police Department; please leave it locked in your vehicle and inform an Officer you wish to surrender a firearm.

Firearms will be checked to be sure they they have not been reported as lost or stolen.


The Port Gamble S'Klallam Police Department does not facilitate prisoner visitation or property drop-off or return.  Please direct these related inquiries to the facility where the prisoner is being held.

Pre-trial prisoners are housed at either the Kitsap County Corrections Center or the Federal Detention Center in SeaTac.  

Post-trial prisoners are housed at the Nisqually Corrections Center, the Chehalis Tribal Jail, or a facility within the Federal Bureau of Prisons.


Did you know that many motor vehicle collisions can be reported online?  Please see the Washington State Patrol's collision report's website.



How do I get a copy of a police report?

Members of the public can receive redacted police reports by completing and submitting a Public Disclosure Request Form.  

How do I know if someone is in jail?

A list of inmates currently housed at the Kitsap County Jail can be viewed at their website

Where do I file a police report?

Please call the dispatch center at (360) 307-5844 and ask to speak with a Port Gamble Police Officer.  You may also come to the Police Department Monday through Friday between 7:00 AM and 4:30 PM.  The Department is located at 31912 Little Boston Rd NE, Kingston, WA 98346.

Where do I get a copy of my criminal history?

State criminal history can be obtained from the "ACCESS" program at the Washington State Patrol.  Federal criminal history can be obtained from the District Court in Tacoma, WA.  Port Gamble S'Klallam Tribal criminal history can be the Tribe's court services department.

Who do I contact for an update on my case?

If you know the name of the Officer assiged to your case you may contact him/her.  For any other update you may call the Police Department Administration at (360) 297-6333.




Back to top