The purpose of the Family Assistance Program is to provide collaborative services to the benefit and safety of Tribal Families and community members. These services will be provided in such a way as to protect children and elders, maintain the dignity and independence of our clients and to preserve the culture, values, and traditions of the Port Gamble S'Klallam Tribe.
Tribal Family Assistance Program: cash assistance for very low-income families, self-sufficiency assistance to help low income families continue to work
LIHEAP (Power Assistance) & LIHWAP (Water Assistance) -for Kitsap County PGST Tribal residents only ROUND 1 NOW OPEN Click here for application
- LIHEAP model is available for review year round, please contact Family Assistance Program Manager for copy. Contact information is available below.
- Please send any comments you may have for the model plan to Family Assitance Program Manger via email.
DSHS Customer Service at 877-501-2233 - washingtonconnection.org.
- Food Bank - available to anyone for porch pick or on reservation can request delivery.
- Emergency Food Vouchers are currently available to Kitsap County PGST Tribal Residents.
- Temporary Assistance to Needy Families (TANF)
- Temporary Assistance to Needy Families (TANF) Pandemic Emergency Assistance Fund (PEAF) available to Port Gamble S'Klallam Tribal member households within Kitsap County. Assistance is for previous 4 months, you may apply 1 time within the Federal Fiscal Year 2022 (10/1/21 - 9/30/22), funds permitting. Review instructions/policy carefully. Click here for application packet click here for application
Program contact information: